Shepherd Hut - Angelo 600cm

 
8 Reviews  

5 stars
 
4 stars
 
3 stars: 
 
2 stars: 
 
1 stars: 
 




You are viewing 4-stars reviews (see all reviews)

Reviews

Helen Cree
Feb 6, 2022
I bought the Angelo in December 2020 and started construction in March 2021. I also bought a veranda and an internal wall. Order and delivery very efficient. I did a lot of the work myself but needed help with the wall panels and the roof. I treated all the wood with preservative before construction, then primed and 2 coats of paint. I have insulated the floor walls and roof and plasterboard the inside. I have also purchased a corrugated roof and guttering. It looks good.
I would make a number of points about the build:
The instructions are poor in my view. For instance I built the main hut first and then went on to construct the internal wall only to find that the wall should have been done before the roof went on! No indication of this on the main hut instructions.
I think there should have been more detail on the need for squaring and levelling. A video would help.
The doors and windows are not as well made as the rest and I have had a constant problem with leaks on the non-opening windows.
The main hut also leaks and I am at a loss as to what is causing this. I have siliconed and sealed as much as a I can but there is still damp on the floor where the walls join with the floor.
As I built during lockdown I found it difficult to get support from Tuin on the build. Hopefully this has improved. I will be asking Tuin to help me work out what's causing the leaks
Mrs. Sarah Carpenter
Jun 8, 2020
We combined the 600cm hut with a metal (purpose-built) chassis as we want to be able to move the hut (at our own risk a this hut is not designed to be moved). I used a linseed paint (Brouns&co) and painted all of the elements in a garage before assembly. Assembly took me 3 days, largely single handed. I needed some help with the first corner joint, but everything else can be done by one person). Fitting floorboards was a bit tricky (and ended up a cm or two over length as the joints didn’t close as perfectly as I’d have liked - possibly as I assembled them 3 weeks after receipt, so some had warped). Only other problem was assembling the double doors: I had to arrange some strops to pull the tops together, screw, glue and clamp overnight.
Instructions are, on the whole basic; just about enough to get by on, but could be much clearer - and certainly need to be read the day before, rather than just ‘on-the-job’.